Re: Spirit combats

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 13:34:05 -0000

I'm sure I answered this last night, but it's not showed up yet...

I wouldn't necessarily expect a normal weapon to have much effect on a spirit, although it may depend to some extent on the nature of the weapon and the nature of the spirit. A sword against a Fire Spirit is not likely to do much good, wheras a bucket of water against a fire spirit on the other hand....

(of course unless you can bid enough AP's to extinguish it completely you may need several buckets...)

> When a possessing spirit/ghost attacks a hero and it is trying to do
> its best to possess him, what is the relevant ability used by the
> hero to resist, provided he doesn't know spirit combat?

A hard quetsion to answer given that characters can have (or omit) any ability. Something like "Iron-Willed" might be appropriate, ane you can always fall back on the magic kyword, with penalties for non-animists dealing with spirits...