Re: Spirit combats

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:41:30 -0700

Gian

> Usually the MPvsMP was a fair and balanced combat, but now the Might
> of the spirits is (usually, as a feeling, ask me not to demonstrate
> this) higher than the heroes Relationship abilities or their magic
> keywords (penalized for theists or sorcerers).

> Am I over powering the ghost or is the danger involved by spirit-
> activities really so high?

I admit I've forgotten any specific rules, but the general Hero Wars philosophy is that the consequences of a contest depend on the level of defeat. I don't think a hero driven to 0 AP by a ghost will be possessed (or if he is, it will only be for a fairly short while).

Typically, permanent consequences require a Complete Defeat (-40).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein