A belated Hero-Wars shared sub-cult question

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 20:42:18 -0000

A quick question about cults/sub-cults like Rigsdal and Redalda.

We know what initiates in their stand alone cult get: all the skills, virtues, and affinities listed.

We know that worshippers who come to them as a sub-cult of a great god only get one of the affinities. But do they get any of the skills and virtues?

It would seem odd for the initiates of Elmal/Redalda not to have horsemanship and tend horses skills, for example, since Beren the rider initiates do get those skills, and Redalda initiates are if anything even more involved in horses. On the other hand, both Redalda and Rigsdal have substantial skill lists, and virtues, and players claiming all of those plus the skills and virtues of their greater god seems, well, almost munchkinish.

I don't see any guidance on the subject in Storm Tribe. Has anyone faced this yet? If so, how did you handle it?

--Bryan