Re: A belated Hero-Wars shared sub-cult question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:16:57 -0700

> We know what initiates in their stand alone cult get: all the skills,
> virtues, and affinities listed.
>
> We know that worshippers who come to them as a sub-cult of a great
> god only get one of the affinities. But do they get any of the
> skills and virtues?

Usually No*.

> It would seem odd for the initiates of Elmal/Redalda not to have
> horsemanship and tend horses skills, for example, since Beren the
> rider initiates do get those skills, and Redalda initiates are if
> anything even more involved in horses. On the other hand, both
> Redalda and Rigsdal have substantial skill lists, and virtues, and
> players claiming all of those plus the skills and virtues of their
> greater god seems, well, almost munchkinish.

It's a question of what the worshipper wants, really - Elmal/Redalda is specifically noted as how *women* get to worship Elmal (normally a male-only cult). So Elmal/Redalda is mostly for Warrior Women who want the Combat and Light affinities of Elmal (and his skills) with the horse magics of Redalda. This is a person who leans more towards the combat side than the nurturing/animal husbandry side (and you'll note that many of the Redalda skills are duplicated by feats in the Bless Horses affinity).

Someone who wants to be the Horse Doctor/Breeder type should choose Redalda alone - no combat skills, but pleanty of healing/nurturing.

*As always, a player can add abilities in his 100 words, so make him spend the 6 words to say "He knows the skills of Redalda" and bingo, he can have them!

RR