Re: A belated Hero-Wars shared sub-cult question

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 09:09:36 -0000

> I think in most cases characters don't "get" all the virtues of
*any*
> of their (sub)cults. These are all character traits to strive for,
> and I don't think you get to write them all down at 17.
>
> I do think that if you join a subcult, you are *expected* to follow
> all the virtues. But you know, not everyone is virtuous. It's pretty
> easy to imagine a Redalda worshipper who is reckless (even if a cult
> virtue is Prudent).

I may refer to TR pg 175:

"thus, players may include these abilities [=virtues] on their character sheet when they choose the keyword, but they do not have to, as long as they exhibit the proper behaviour durng play"

this is written as usual, means pretty "broad". you can, but you don not have to. I was a bit puzzled about virtues, especially since I couldn't find a single entry to "virtues" in any index of those books, which is a bad thing- no cookie!
eventually I came across the quoted paragraph, and decided to give them to my players at starting 17. I guess, this is what you should bring with yourself when you want to be a devotee of humakt, or the like...
opinions?

cheers,
stefan