Re: A belated Hero-Wars shared sub-cult question

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:26:29 -0000

> eventually I came across the quoted paragraph, and decided to give
> them to my players at starting 17. I guess, this is what you should
> bring with yourself when you want to be a devotee of humakt, or the
> like...
> opinions?

Yes. To continue with David's Prudent vd Reckless Redalada example, one of your items/some of your words would be "Initiate of Redalda" - you could choose to add the trait "Prudent" to your character sheet (I'd allow you to add it at any value between 12 and 17, unless you want to devote one of your 1W/5W skills to it) without needing to use any more items/words. If, OTOH, you wanted to be reckless then you would need to devote a list item or some words (you shouldn't be using lists, so just "Reckless" is unlikely to be enough in many cases...) in order to get that trait (at 13 for an "additional" trait or skill?)

Now since Redalada is prudent, Reckless worshippers are going to have a harder time on Heroquests where these qualities are tested, which is where the "exhibiting the proper behaviour" bit comes in. - And acting to far outside the bounds of what the cult considers "proper behaviour" may be to invite down the agents of reprisal...