Re: Highlander for HW

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:08:00 -0000

Gareth wrote:
>> Having been reduced to (below) 0 AP he uses his "Can only be
>> killed by beheading 1W4" to perform a final action and recover
>> his AP's

> I like it. And it can be restricted to use after AP losses,
> which both neatly captures the pain he suffers from wounds,
> and the fact that of course while incapacitated through pain
> he might be beheaded anyway. cheers.

I like it too. Definitely preferable to a high defensive edge, which leads us towards interpreting APs as hit points and AP losses as wounds, making for a rather static fight. With the final action, you can still knock the guy about, get him on the defensive, stagger him with a flurry of blows, "win" the fight -- and *then* find out that you can't kill your opponent without beheading him. Whereas a big defensive edge makes him too close to invulnerable for my comfort.

Cheers, Nick