Spirit binding question

From: Roland <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 19:04:58 -0000

A question came to me during GenCon. In the Grazer scenario on the Issaries website, the part is attacked by Unneki buzzard-worshippers. When we were assaulted by the main body of the Unneki, my character the shaman, journeyed into the Otherworld where she and her steed did battle with a powerful spirit associated with the Unneki leader. I defeated it in spirit combat and spent my Hero point to turn my normal success into a Critical success; according to the rules, I can now treat it as a spirit from my Tradition whenever I encounter it in the future.

It also says that such a non-tradition spirit can only be bound into a one-use fetish, but a Traditional spirit bound into a fetish is a essentially incarnated into the item on a critical. Which is the case with the buzzard spirit? Common sense would seem to indicate that it is only a one-use item, since the spirit was non-Traditional at the beginning of the combat.