Re: Games & Game companies

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:11:25 -0500

From: "Shannon R. Wright" <shwright17sons_at_...>

| Then they did
| the Unspeakable act. They sold Runequest to a Board, wargame
| company-AH. I still despise that day. And of course AH
| changed Runequest for the worse.

There are a couple of popular misconceptions in this statement. The first, of course, is that Chaosium "sold" RQ to AH in the 80s. Actually, they licensed the game system to them, they didn't sell it; AH had the rights to the system but not ownership. Also, the Chaosium was making most of those changes that you didn't like; Avalon Hill didn't. About the worst you can complain about is the artwork and the terrible paper covers on the booklets.

Guy (Hoyle, not the other ones)