Brain Fried L Mhy

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 18:23:20 +1000

I've invented a Supporting Character who used to be a L Mhy, but was thrown out of the temple for forging passes and other documents

Now, according to the Jolsadaring information this isn't possible, since the apostate's brain would be devoured from within, and h'e be dead

My question is, how are exceptions possible? I think it would be a poor world if there is no room for exceptions. Does he have to be 'illuminated'?
That seems a bit of a catch all, but may in the end be the simplest answer

On a related note - the criminal forges a few minor things and gets away with it, cos he's only stretching the truth, and then the Brain Flayer attacks him and he starts to lose abilities. Can he then repent and be cleansed or choose to leave the cult? Or would he never be able to get away with anything? I'm presuming in the actual temple precincts he'd never get away with anything, but if he did his forging at some other location...