Subcults and Devotees

From: Briquelet_at_...
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:24:40 -0000

I have reread the HW rules repeatedly and those rules state that a devotee of one aspect and subcult of a god can learn the affinities and feats of other subcults of that same aspect without joining those subcults (simply by spending the hero points necessary). Why was this changed in TR? If I understand correctly, in TR a character wishing to learn the feats of another subcult, even of the same aspect, must quit his current subcult and join the new one. Furthermore, he takes a penalty to his Devotee ability. Is this correct? Is there no way under the current rules for a devotee of one aspect and its subcult to learn feats or affinities from another subcult of the same aspect without being penalized, forced to abandon his current subcult, etc.? Could I get clarification on this?

Thanks guys,

John