Re: Re: Using Two Weapons? (again)

From: John Briquelet <Briquelet_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:35:23 -0700

Sigh. You're right. He would take an improvisational modifier, but I hardly think it would be a -20! However, you have skirted my point altogether. Why learn to use a cleaver in combat the first place, if according to Peter and several others, it only grants a few measly edge points which soon become inconsequential? Why learn dual sword wield? To look "cool" or intimidating? Doubtful. Realistically, there would be more to it than that.

I like the idea of modifiers "on the fly." What I was asking for from the beginning was an example of how others might modify the edges/skill bonuses and how players might handle the skill differently from other types of combat. When several stated that it would be no different, I disagreed and continue to disagree. No, I do not believe that there needs to be a complex formula that inhibits game play. However, it is evident that the game mechanics differentiate between the use of a shield and the lack of a shield in combat. It is logical, therefore, that use of two weapons in combat should also be differentiated in some way, even if it is done without hard and fast rules and even if this differentiation only grants a bonus of +1 edge.Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

To Post a message, send it to: hw-rules_at_... To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: hw-rules-unsubscribe_at_... To Complain constructively please email me at steve_at_....