Re: Heortling Literacy

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:57:11 -0000

Roland wrote:

> "When my brother was outlawed he traveled all the way to
> Pralorela, a year of walking and hunting, and everyone he
> met greeted him properly."
> I want the players to be able to use the Greeting every time
> they meet other Orlanthi, but I don't necessarily want them
> to always be able to communicate easily.

Do we know that it's the *verbal* part of the greeting that people are getting right, all the way from here to Pralorela? Isn't it possible that the *custom* is the same (offering visitors the meat gift, blanket gift, etc., appropriate to their status), but that the words and even the language used could vary?

Just my $0.02 (striving for a less homogenous Glorantha),

Cheers, Nick