RE: Re: Need a little help with heroquests

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:54:41 -0400

Alex said :

>Myself, I suspect that both things are going on: there exist both
>different "paths" through many quests ("tick here to select the Baths
>of Nelat"), _and_ they can be done at different "depths" (which one
>might think of as degree to which one core being is relocated to
>the heroplane or godplane).

Hmmm, different paths through many quests? I'd agree up to that point. Do most quests need different paths? Wouldn't the vast majority have just one accepted path? Obviously multi-level HQs like the LBQ need multiple paths but does the Initiation HQ? Or does any quest you do for different reasons have a different path? Flexibility is good, complexity isn't. Are these multi-level HQs the norm or the exception?

>I say this principally on the basis of
>what I believe to be "true" in Glorantha, but by a happy coincudence,
>it also happens to be what I think is the most flexible, fun and
>playable approach as far as actual play in concerned.

Probably but I wouldn't want to have to write them up! If your abilities are at a certain level go here, if not go there.

Oliver