RE: Re: making of ST

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 00:37:38 +0100 (BST)

Grawe, Philipp:
> I'm going to go home and re-read that passage in King of Sartar because I'd
always thought that Argrath did a further, deeper quest on top of his LBQ, not that he did another LBQ.

> My reasoning was that the old Gods couldn't give him Sheng, so he had to quest
deeper (into the Lunar Hells) to find him.

> I really don't remember the passage off-hand, so I might well have gotten it
wrong.

No, I think your recollection is about right. It's unclear from the text how similar (or how different) the second quest is from the first -- perhaps only in their objective. (Fetch Dead Guy.)

Harmast is a much clearer example. Maybe he got away with it because he was such a LBQ-variant pack-rat that knew about five different "correct" ways to do each stage, and so had plenty of wiggle-room to find a new path, without getting "stuck" in his actions from the previous time...

Cheers,
Alex.