RE: Re: Style

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 12:37:21 -0400

I'd said :

>> We've been rolling these foes separately which does result in more
bookkeeping.<

Ian wonders :

>Are you doing the same as us and just sticking ot the one pattrn 'cos
>your used to it or do you ever vary the pattern according to dramatic
>need. I don't recall us doing that (I may be corrected <g>), but it
>has to be said we still have far more faceless minions in combat than
>personalised villains, so this may be why we have favored grouping.

I think it's due to some perverse need to roll lots of dice:-) I think it is partly a throwback to RQ3 practices. I still don't feel as comfortable running HW as I did RQ3. Of course a dozen odd years of RQ3 and five or so with RQ2 certainly leave a lot of inertia to overcome!) I haven't been changing the way foes are rolled depending on dramatic necessity so far, it might be helpful though. Our battles have been large clots of faceless foes so far too. There's only been the one named foe so far and he was chopped in two by a Urox berserk. (Boy, are they gross!)

Oliver