Re: Style

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:40:37 +0100

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:11:58 -0700, "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_sierratel.com> wrote:

>> While I actually agree with your technique, I THINK that multiple
>> opponent penalties don't apply when you group opponents as leader &
>> followers, each group is counted as just one opponent (although
>> strangely the Follower rules say that a hero's followers do negate
>> multiple opponent penalties...).

>In the rules, Multiple Opponent penalties are assayed on the number of times
>you need to roll defense, so combining all 75 trollkin into one mass

Well, I was thinking of 75 Trollkin against a party of 4-5 heroes, split between them. 75:1 odds I'd probably just say "You wake up in the dark, with a headache, in a large cooking pot. What do you do?"

>Followers canceling out Multiple attackers isn't strange (at least no to my
>mind), they are there to cover your back, act as your shieldman, etc - there
>job *is* to keep too many people from getting to you.

I only find it strange as it seems to work for heroes, but NOT villains (or maybe it works for named villains with followers, but not leaderless mobs? The rules are unclear). I think I'd use MA penalties both ways, if I remembered to use them at all. Thus the 20 local warriors to assist the heroes.

Wulf