Re: Re: Are your books falling apart?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 21:14:27 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Jeffrey Straszhiem wrote:

> > This is not a rules question, but I am curious to know if others are
> > having problems with their books' bindings dropping pages...
<snip>

> I have. I've had the main rules for about two weeks now, and already
> it's losing pages. I haven't been unduly harsh on the book.
>
> The game is great but its production quality is, to say the least,
> horrid.
>
> -- Jeffrey Straszheim | A sufficiently advanced

It was supposed to be lay-flat bindings, wasn't it.

These books are pretty on the shelf, but not very convenient to use. Thick glue-spine books these can never bee opened fully, if one want's to avoid breaking the spine of the book.

Fortunately/unfortunately the maps we've had in the books haven't been anything special, since one would have to destroy the book to make use of them.

Thunder Rebels is full of useful background I'd like cut-and-paste to my players, so I've decided to sacrifice one book. I'll cut it open and run the select pages through a text reading scanner. I'll have to buy another copy for my shelf though.

        -Adept