Re: Re: Pages falling out

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:11:44 +0100 (BST)

> FYI:
> - the French version of HW & Glorantha books are hard cover books
> with real good bindings, as most of RPG rulebooks.
> - cost is approximately between 50% & 70% higher than a standard
> widespread novel with soft cover.
>
> I think most RPG'rs prefer this extra cost and keep their books in
> one single piece. And they really hurt when thrown at the head of
> anyone ! ;-)

Having seen the French books, I can confirm what Jean-Michel says; they're well-bound, beautifully illustrated, and (whisper it softly) _well laid-out_. (*gasp!*) I was seriously considering buying them myself, but my mediocre French acted as a sufficient detterent. I don't recall them being especially expensive, either, compared to the US edition. (Required a three or four way currency conversion in my head, and I don't recall the enumbers, so don't quote me to that.)

Short of getting MultiSim to publish Issaries _english-language_ material too, I'm not at all sure what the moral of the story is...

Cheers,
Alex.