Re: Digest Number 668

From: Dougie <dougiepunk_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:16:27 +0100

Hi Peter,

>Non combat types have to line up in front of the Godar with his big pot of
>woad to get the swirling magical runes and picturespainted over their
body -
>heavily tattoos huscarls and the like have them already!

> I don't think non-combatants wear woad

Soz for any confusion - I wasn't refering to non-combatants but fyrdmen - farmers and the like who fight for the clan but are not full time combat types....

>Come on, Barntari like boasting as much as the warriors, they
>just boast about different things....

but I dont see them wearing big agressive scary tattoos everywhere (BTW I know that "scary" is a culture thing but through most cultures in history - in particular the Germano-Celtic Heortling model, they seem to have been used as such - certainly scared the be-Mercury out of the Romans...)

;)
Dougie