Re: Dropping action points

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:36:32 +0100

In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.10004170926480.26949-100000_at_... ain>, Graham J Robinson <gjr_at_...> writes
>The result is a combat system that runs really fast, allows lots of
>tactics, reasonable realism, and is moderatly dangerous. (ie. for two
>reasonably even groups, we had 50% injured both sides in four contests.)
>People who get injured stop fighting fast.

Good lad. Just what I want to see. You *do* know that not getting 'the heroes' battered about was part of Robin's Grand Design, don't you? (Evil Grin)

Myself I was planning to run with having each character have a 'Body' characteristic (with some suitably set default for 'heroic' types) which was broken down into levels of Injuries, Crippling Injuries, Mortal Wounds dependent upon the stat. Where you took the injury depended on how successful the attack was with any that can't be taken (because you have run out of wounds at that level) being promoted up to the next more serious level. When you take a Mortal Wound you're on the road to death. When you run out of Mortal Wounds you're dead.

>So far reaction to this has been very positive - especially since now the
>rules synopsis is one sheet of A4.

Another very valid point.

--
Michael Cule