Re: Followers

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 23:41:51 -0000

Yes.

> As far as I can see, from examples in the book, they are an
excellent
> source of Action Points in combat whilst allowing you extra attacks
> and to defend against multiple attacks with very little
> consequences.

Not extra attacks. But they soak up mulitiple attacker penalties.

> In other systems I'd be heavily penalising through treasure and
> experience awards but I'm not sure how you balance out the followers
> thing....
>
> Do you roll ability checks on the relationship in tricky situations,
> or simple contests if asked to fight someone with a heavy
reputation??

I roll for the relationship anytime they are asked to do somedthing really dangerous. I also make sure that they take the AP losses and that they ARE injured after battles, especially if the hero's drained them of AP.

And most importantly, I make sure that if a hero has lost a lot of followers or mistreated them, he doesn't get replacements.

And keeping followers healthy and hale takes wealth. Remember, you have to equip them, if you want them to have more than their basic keyword worth of gear.

Hope this helps,

Jeff