RE: Re: What a great system

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 02:31:36 +0100

For me, it's not that HW can do all these cool things, it's that it can handle them nigh on seamlessly, with elegance and style... :)

And that it can handle a situation combining - to take a recent example - most of the hero band fighting off raiders with sword and spear (and tooth and claw, for that matter), while one hero, disguised as an alluring cow, tries to lure some of the raiders away and another leads followers and uses communication abilities to "organise" the defence. All this while giving equal weight (bearing in mind differences in target numbers, etc.) and depth in the rules to all of these efforts.

In 18 years of roleplaying, HW is the only rules system I have *ever* enjoyed GM'ing a combat in. It's also the best system I know for running non-combat situations. There's probably something significant there. But it's late and my brain is tired so I can't puzzle it out.

Regards,

Bruce