Re: Re: Initiation and devotion

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:56:15 -0400

Dave Bailey wrote:

> O wise ones,
> I think somebody said something about being called to a religion,
> thinking about play KoDP and cursing away that I didn't have a Humakti for
> the heroquest, is there any way the Clan Ring could dictate that somebody
> become initiate or better of a God for the clan good? E.G. Barntar and
> Uralda appear too useful. Also the likes of Eurmal and Chalana Arroy can't
> be ignored.
>
> Dave.

This could probably be answered on the KODP list, Kingofdragonpass_at_onelist.com

And one is called to a god to be their voice, not the other way around. At least, that is how it was in the past -- and certainly in the ancient times out in the Real World (tm).

Worshipping a god because he is cool is, like eating kittens, just wrong and should never be done.

Jeff Kyer
KODP Moderator