Combat & Simple Contests

From: atomikdog2001_at_...
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:34:35 -0000

Thanks to everyone who sent characters or links to characters, they have been very helpful. My next question is regarding Simple Contests and combat.
The heroes have encountered an equal size group of Trollkin, this is not a main focal point of the adventure. My initial thought is to use a Simple Contest per hero and Trollkin opponent. Possible outcomes:
1.	Heroes all win Trollkin lose. No problem adventure moves on.
2.	Mixed victories and losses. Should we continue with another
round of Simple Contests? Should we assume that the combat ends with the remaining Trollkin fleeing? I guess the second outcome would be dependent on story needs. But surely there are other options I do not immediately think of.
3. Trollkin win. This becomes an unforseen story element and cause for excelent roleplaying and GM winging. I know these are rather simplified and limited options but as a real new comer to this system and being real confused I'd like to have some other input.
Thanks
Andy