Re: Combat & Simple Contests

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:50:57 -0000

This is one of the things I do with my sample contests. Sometimes I may bunch them together Minor and Marginal Victory or Major and Commplete if there's really not much variation possible.

(There's only so many ways the chief can say 'sure, go and raid' afterall)

> > eg Players score a:
> > Complete Victory - Their strategy for fighting the Trollkin works
> > perfectly
>
> Complete Victory and Complete Defeat correspond to PERMANENT
effects.
> For example, killing someone.

Or you manage to wreck the precious scroll getting it out of the jar. Or the trap munches a follower (I'm fond of causing red-shirt death) Or the trial goes BADLY wrong -- welcome to outlawry.

Jeff

That's the news from Clan Woebeone
Where all the women are strong
Where all the men are handsome