Group Simple Contests

From: atomikdog2001_at_...
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 20:19:29 -0000

> >I believe there is a section in the Rulebook on "Group Simple
> Contests" - since I don't have a copy with me, I can't give you a
> better reference,<
>
> It's on pg 128 under "Group Simple Contests". The relevant part
> is "take the best result from each side. Add 3 to it for each by
> another participant on the same side; add 6 for each fumble. Then
> compare these results on the simple contest chart."

Which brings me to my next question as I work through the rules- (thanks for all the help by the way. Can someone clarify how and when bumps due to mastery or hero points affect Group Simple Contests. Sometimes I think I try and complicate this system unnecessarily. I assume all participants roll and bump accordingly, after which we find the best result from each side and modify them for failures and fumbles. Sound correct? Also I assume with simple contests, including group, there are occasions that players could augment there abilities or did I miss something in the rules. Augmentation only seems to be mentioned in relation to Extened Contests.

Andy