Re: Group Simple Contests

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:37:31 +0100

atomikdog2001_at_... wrote:
> Can someone clarify how and when
> bumps due to mastery or hero points affect Group Simple Contests.

Badly.

IMHO, the rules for Group Simple Contests are broken. You can read my own suggested replacement on my web site,

   http://www.badamson.nildram.co.uk/Glorantha Go to the House rules page.

> Also I assume with simple contests, including
> group, there are occasions that players could augment there abilities
> or did I miss something in the rules. Augmentation only seems to be
> mentioned in relation to Extened Contests.

Correct. According to the rules, augmentation is permitted in only extended contests. We often permit one augmentation when running simple contests, in our gaming group.