Re: Re: Initiation and devotion

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:23:56 +0100

In message <000f01bfa890$1abe4f60$619149a8_at_Serial#Here.Nextel.com>, Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...> writes
>Remember, under Orlanthi custom, nobody can force you to do anything.

But even the Orlanthi recognise it's not good news to get a god pissed off at you.

I think the 'called' initiate can be regarded as like Jonah in the Bible, someone who just wants to be left alone and has the misfortune to get noticed by a transcendent power.

One of my RQ/Glorantha players once came out with the lovely curse: May the gods take notice of you!

--
Michael Cule