Re: Magic on sale, get three for the cost of one.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:59:18 +0100

On 23 Sep 2001 20:39:56 +0200, Bo Rosén <bo.rosen_at_...> wrote:

>If I have starting followers and one of their keywords is initiate of
>whoever, do they get affinities?
>
>If they do, and my best ability is Peel Potatoes and increase it, do my
>followers affinities go up as well? Seems a cheap way to get magic
>quickly, even if it is only for followers.

Yes and yes. Not much of a hero, mind you, even Beanpot Aelwrin (or however you spell it...) had more important skills! The advancing follower is meant to represent the follower's experience, without having to detail their skills, HP awards, and the things they got up to when the hero wasn't around. Just being around a hero ought to make life interesting (but not if all he does is peel potatoes).

As to the affinities, yes they get them, but they don't exactly get much use of them, unless and until you allow them to act on their own. And if you do do that, they don't get any experience (unless, like me, you award 'Follower Points', which are really Hero Points, awarded to the hero, but spent as the Follower - as dictated by the Narrator - would prefer). I don't actually remember anyone using Follower magic, apart from Healing.

Now, what I'm trying to decide is, should Followers be Initiates only, or should they be allowed to be Devotees? Has a full-time Follower the time to spare to be a Devotee?

Wulf