Re: Antique HW to New HW

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 06:45:35 -0000

> > Alexandre :

> OK, I reformulate the question: how does the #1/#2 format convert
to the
> published version? ;)

AFAIK, there have been at least two different pre-publication statsystems:  one raning from 1 to 24 [1 being best]; the newer version ranged from 1 to 20 [1 being best].
the latter is easy to convert--you just need to reverse the numbers, i.e. 1 becomes 20 under the current rules, 2 becomes 19, etc... or, even easier, just use the second number [as you wrote: #1/#2], which determined the APs under the draft-rules. the first rules set, ranging from 1 to 24 is harder to convert, but follows the same principles: roll OVER your target number; the lower the TN the higher the AP.

eventually, you'll have to skip the AP-number, since the current rules use the TN to determine the AP, so no second number is required [which is kind of clever:)

BTW, the online clan generator had this error too: the values were "current rules" but the annotations refered to the [second] draft. don't know if they have this corrected, since I mentioned it to Issaries some time ago, but didn't get any response... [bad boys-no rhino fat!]

hope I didn't confuse everybody more than usual & have a nice week, stefan