Re: Digest Number 683

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:59:20 +0100

> From: bethexton_at_...
>Subject: God-Talker's "God"
>
>Heortling god-talkers have the skills "initiate to <god>," and "pray
>to <god>."
>
>Assuming the typical case of Orlanth and Ernalda where you have the
>great god, aspect, and sub-cult, which of those three replaces <god>?
>
>For example, a god-talker who follows the Finnovan the Raider sub-
>cult of the Orlanth-Adventurous aspect of Orlanth would have:
>a) initiate to Orlanth?
>b) Initiate to Orlanth adventurous?
>c) Initiate to Finnovan?

I puzzled over this for a moment and then realized ...

I'd assume "Finovan Adventurous". Another subcult of the same aspect would get an improv penalty (probably -1), another aspect likewise (maybe -3) and so forth.

(I'd let him take "Initiate to Orlanth Adventurous" but give him improv penalties to all subcults, inculding Finovan, say at -1).

>If it is c, what about the rare case of a god talker belonging to two
>sub-cults, would he have both?

If he wanted to. It is probably not in his interest as he can improvise from a single higher ability.

(Improvision must be the way it works, because I can't see how else a small number of godi could initiate even the majority of Orlanthi).

Thom