Re: Magic on sale, get three for the cost of one.

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 15:23:47 -0000

Yes, and they might also be able to help with augments, especially fi they have magic that the hero does not.

So far the most common follower seems to be having an Ernaldan Combat Healer (tm) in tow...

I let them act on their own. But the problem is that followers won't go into grave danger without a check againt the heroe's follower ability. If this is low, then they won't go. (Its wise to augment this with gifts, oratory and appeals to clan loyalty before testing the bond of follower and leader too strongly)

> > Now, what I'm trying to decide is, should Followers be Initiates
only,
> > or should they be allowed to be Devotees?
>
> I let them be devotees. The only game-system difference is after all
that
> they get to use their full ability rating for their affinities. No
big
> deal...

Generally I make them initiates unless there's a good reason to be otherwise. Remember, tehy spend most of their time following the heroes around and may not have _time_ to be devotees...!

Jeff