Re: Magic on sale, get three for the cost of one.

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:34:00 -0000

> > > Now, what I'm trying to decide is, should Followers be
Initiates
> only,
> > > or should they be allowed to be Devotees?

> Generally I make them initiates unless there's a good reason to be
> otherwise. Remember, tehy spend most of their time following the
> heroes around and may not have _time_ to be devotees...!

True, but under the 'new' description of devotee practice (going about doing things your god did, not just sitting about being holy), a lot of time they will be combining follower duties with being devotees. A Vingan following a Vingan, for instance; if the hero is fulfilling cult duties (defending the stead, for instance), so is the follower. A Bevaran following a warrior is following her calling by healing him (and any others with him). A Donadari follower is, of course, composing new tales of heoism("Denis Moore, Denis Moore, ...").

Wulf

Wulf