Re: Quest Challenges

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:50:02 +0100

Charles Corrigan wrote:
> 1 - what is the panel view of whether this should have been allowed?

You forgot to add that it was an imaginative, igneous and cool response to the problem. No HW Narrator should say 'no' in such circumstances.

> The rules state that no-one can be involuntarily drawn into a quest
> challenge and it is arguable that I did just that.

Surely, anyone who decides to oppose you during a HQ is not 'involuntary'. As you say, they can always choose to back down if they don't want a quest challenge.

> How reasonable is it to risk a feat but add
> to an affinity?

Not reasonable, I'd say. I think you would have to wager a feat against a feat or an affinity against an affinity.

Feats are cheap (1 HP), and not really in themselves 'abilities', so I'm not so I'd allow wagering a feat.