Re: Quest Challenges

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:29:33 -0000

> I wasn't aware that
>
> a) Quest Challenges could be used AT ALL except during HQs

Greg's recent musings (possibly on the GD, I can't remember where at the moment) seem to indicate that the quest challenge mechanism is used between mortals of different cultures who disagree on something like the nature of Death (rather than the ownership of a piece of territory).

> b) That they could be used except at pre-determined stations
> on a HQ.

see above. One could describe what we did as an experimental HQ. There were several other big magics being performed at the same time - think what kind of an illusion a trickster and puppeteer/entertainer can cast in concert plus some Maran Gor devotees making quakes...

regards,
Charles