Re: Re: First Hero Wars Session; final action

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 22:11:58 -0400

At 10:49 PM 04/12/2000 -0700, David Dunham wrote:
>Andrew wrote
>> The first inexperienced player chose a hunter and then zeroed in on Yinkin.
>> The other chose a Spirit-Talker of Kolat, of course.
>
>Ouch! Shamans are *never* easy to run. I fear this may have been a
>tactical error on your part...

Actually, I use shamans based on RQ and GURPS Voodoo in my long running GURPS Strange Days game, so the only problem for me is to figure out the idiosyncrasies specific to Hero Wars. In my latest (and local) Hero Wars game, another player zeroed in on Kolat/shamanism. It's just getting to be a regular thing with me.

[snip thoughts on giving a hero much]

>> 4. If a player lists Initiate of (Second God) in the list of ten things,
>> does this mean that he gains those affinities as well? The example is a
>> Devotee of Humakt who also wants to be an Initiate of Orlanth Adventurous.
>
>Yes, but aren't there guidelines for making both lower?

Beyond the contradictory discussions taking place on this list:

  1. Devotees to a god cannot also be devotees to a hero.
  2. Only devotees to a god can be devotees to a hero.
  3. No time obligations overlap.
  4. Time obligations can overlap (3&4 said by same person at different times, IIRC).
  5. Etc.

I have seen no definitive rules for making ability scores lower beyond the (undecided in value) standard modifier at which an initiate uses feats. Are there any official thoughts from Those Who Might Know that might be put in the errata/FAQ?

Thanks,
Andy