Re: Increasing Wealth

From: ikhurasan_at_...
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:24:02 -0000

> I use resources. And I just simply divide the inbound wealth by the
> current resources rating and add it on. But I admit I don't really
> get very picky over the numbers.

Here is why I'm asking, I have an impoverished Finovan worshipper, wealth rating of 5, who is obsessed by cows, I mean really obsessed. He is also trying to rebuild his clan, to him the numbers are important, he needs to know how his wealth will increase with each cow he gets. Now I can handle the abstract stuff easy, but when they go raiding they want to know how many cows they take and then how many they are given by the Clan Dad, now we aren't anal about numbers but what I need is some way of saying you gained 10 cows your wealth goes up 3, for example.
Tim I like your ideas about losing wealth, I may try to use them for increasing, maybe 1/10 of the new wealth as a resistance against your current wealth, gain 10 cows = 200 wealth = resistance of 20. If the wealth gets a victory, depending on level, increases your wealth by so much. If your wealth wins then get no increase. Any thoughts? Means that 10 cows to a wealthy man (5w) will probably not increase his wealth, but to a poor man (5) would.

Steve