Re: Issaries Announcment-Price Tag Too High?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:29:12 +0100 (BST)

> the latest announcements on the website left me with mixed feelings.
> while I'm keen to actually see and touch these books, I'll better
> start to be disappointed right now,
> since none of them will arrive in time, as were none of the previous!

Cynic. ;-)

> And I doubt that all books will appear with the size/title/etc... as
> announced. and I share the dissappointment about the re-schedule of
> the "lunar" book. would have been nice to get a red x-mas =)

I can understand your sentiment here; the lunar stuff has been a "long time coming" now. OTOH, if the choice is between "slipping in" just one Lunar title (or one pair), and keeping up the momentum of the Orlanthi pubs, which are really starting to crystalise into a genuinely complete and thorough treatment at this stage, I'd applaud them for making the later choice. (Ideally of course they'd be in a position to do both. But meanwhile, back in the real world...)

> more important to me is the [IMO] high price tag of all the
> supplements. I'll pay my 18 bucks for a good, well-bound novel, but I
> doubt that 15$ is ok for 72 pages. A quick glance over the gaming
> market will reveal that there are lots of rpg supplements for less
> money...

It did strike me as a bit steep. Granted though the new format might have more actual content, given "lossiness" to margins and art, than a 144 page trade-PB format.