Hero cults and subcults

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 02:39:37 -0000

Andrew Dawson

>>Beyond the contradictory discussions taking place on this list:

  1. Devotees to a god cannot also be devotees to a hero.
  2. Only devotees to a god can be devotees to a hero.
  3. No time obligations overlap.
  4. Time obligations can overlap (3&4 said by same person at different times, IIRC).
  5. Etc.<<

I've been trying to follow the discussions of 1 & 2. I think some of the confusion seems to stem from whether there is any difference between a "subcult" ,such as Hedkoranth being a subcult of Oralnth Thunderous, and hero cults, such as Asacar the Black being a subcult of Bisos the Hazar in the Wesley Quadros character writeup. Could someone please clarify this?

                                                 Mark Mohrfield