Cementing benefits

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:40:07 +0100

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> > ikhurasan_at_h... wrote:
> > >
> > > My players have just been of raiding and ended up with 3 cows
> each,
> > > they keep them, how much would this increase their wealth?
> >
> > None at all...
> >
> > What increases abilities is spending Hero Points (HPs) on them.
>
> But a single HP can be used to cement an increase of any ammount of
> Wealth at one go, so this doesn't hole water...

I see your point.

I've effectively ditched the rule for cementing benefits, for precisely that reason: 1 HP can buy far too much. Instead, I require that the benefit be bought as a new ability or ability increase, as per the normal HP spending rules.

What do others think of the rule for cementing benefits?