Re: Tweaking augments/Increasing Wealth

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 20:13:41 +0100 (BST)

Graham Robinson:

> Ah, once again we agree without seeming to.
>
> I wasn't meaning to suggest that someone with wealth 20 had exactly one cow,
> or the equivalent in the culture of your choice. More that one cow 'relates'
> to 20 wealth - in the manner you mentioned, and also for ideas of whether
> there were enough cows to increase your wealth significantly.
>
> You are, of course, correct about the meaning of wealth on the character
> sheet.

Excellent, I get you now. This is part of the problem I was trying to fix, though, having two different "scales", offset from each other. (The "total net worth" scale, and the "buying resistance" scale.) Better I think to have just one, the net-worth scale, and respresent the other by a difficulty modifier. (A "liquidity penalty" if you will: if your total wealth is the equivalent of 1 cow, your chances of buying a cow will be low, unless you're prepared to use _all_ your wealth to do so.)

Cheers,
Alex.