re: re: re: dropping action points

From: Tom Merchant <elysia69_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 02:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

>If you're intent on dropping the extended contest try
>this :-

> 1) simultaneous roll to hit as a standard opposed
contest. Apply all
bonus that affect skill and use appropriate combat skills.
> 2) If the result is a marginal sucess or better then
do damage.
> 3) Damage is also a standard contest using say
Strength (+ AP
affecting bonuses) vs Body ( or size or bulk.......). Include armour and
weapon values here too.
> 4) result as per consequences table.

I came to the same solution. Neat and doesn't step too far from the rules. I'll still be using APs for horseraces,  debates and so on. If you make part 1) what happens if you fail part 3)? Normally in a contest that means your opponent wins.

I really, really like HW by the way. Just some customisation required.

Do You Yahoo!?
Send online invitations with Yahoo! Invites. http://invites.yahoo.com