Re: More on Wealth

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:31:17 -0000

> Well unless I was misinterpreting what Tim said he was saying that
>my owning a gold torc meant nothing unless I was prepared to sell.

Not exactly... What I was (trying to) say was that gaining a Gold Torc doesn't *automatically* mean your wealth should suddenly increase - A farmer with 12 cows has more cows than a farmer with 10, but that doesn't mean (in HW terms) that he should have a higher wealth score.

If two characters come back from an adventure with some specific items then they can choose to do one of three thngs with them 1) "ignore" them. They are assumed to have sold/given them away with no long term lasting benefits
2) Convert them to Cash (wealth) or influence (relationships with NPC's or Groups - "I'll give my share to the temple, can I count that as 'Game related' for my relationship (High priest)?" - This will require spending Hero points on the Wealth or Relationship scores 3) Cement them as items on the Character Sheet (spending HP to add them to your sheet).

I don't think it is "fair" to give characters the benefit of (2) "for free" if they choose to do (3) - Although there are obviously times when possesing an item or items might also account for an increase in wealth and/or influence.