RE: Re: HQ questions

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:01:04 +0100

On Monday, October 01, 2001 3:11 PM, Benedict Adamson [SMTP:badamson_at_...] wrote:
> Agreed, and add:
>
> 3. When on a heroquest, the events and personalities look like the
> mythic events. Scenes, actors* and actions are similar.
>
> 4. More powerful quests are more similar to the myths they re-enact.
>
> 5. Myths do not give complete descriptions, and come in multiple
> versions, so there is some flexibility in the scenes, actors and
> actions.
>
> * Including the number of actors. If Humakt faced chaos alone, so
> does the heroquester.

I agree. Though does point 4 mean that there should be *less* variation from the "written" myth on the quest? I'd like to still keep some room for the odd surprise for the heroes.

I especially agree with point 5. Only devotees/people who have *really* studied their god's myths should know the "full version" with all the secrets. You know, the one that all us players know... :)

Regards,

Bruce