Re: Re: HQ questions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:09:24 +0100 (BST)

> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>

> Alex Ferguson wrote:
> > An odd claim, given that I replied to them. But what about some
> > sort of account of the "process" of "being Vinga" at 2W, vs at
> > 10W5? They can't be both "being Vinga" in exactly the same sense
> > or to the same extent.
>
> Yes you can. The difference is that the in one version the giant you
> slay is about 2W difficulty, in the other about 10W5 difficulty. The
> relative abilities will be about the same, so the subjective
> difficulty will be about the same: if Vinga found it difficult, so
> will you.

Which is to say those things are both equally "Vinga Heroquesting", in that you're following and enacting the same myth; but they're not equally _being Vinga_, in the sense of self-identity with that deity. The former will have the character of "me acting like Vinga"; the latter will be more akin to "Vinga, c'est moi".