Re: Re: HQ questions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 15:07:59 +0100 (BST)

Charles Corrigan on where and "as whom" one HQs:
> *3 "Identity" leaves out the possibility of experimental heroquesting
> as yourself!

Yeah, that's a tricky one. If one were to HQ entirely "out of whole cloth", is it really still in the theistic domain? If one wants to remain within that world view, I assume one has to characterise what one is doing in terms of existing myth, perhaps "borrowing" the attributes of certain divinities, etc. How one does that without operating within an existing cult (or effectively reinventing it by falling into the same mythic niche) I dunno...