Re: Combat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:58:57 -0400

MurfNMurf_at_... wrote:

> I'm curious,
> How does the HW system allow for someone like one of the Gloranthan
> Superheroes, like Harrak to carve through a company(or more) of enemy troops?
> My limited exposure to the idea of the Superhero in Combat has led me to
> believe that such Meat-grinding Combat Feats are part-n-parcel of the
> Hero-thing.
> Would such a Hero be able to gnaw through a mass of troops with a single
> grotesquely high Mastery-level skill of some sort, or would the mechanics
> have him take them 1 at a time?
> -Ken-

Remember, an extended contest is only used if the contest is, well, a contest.

Harreck vs the 23rd Assault Stickpicker Battalion of Tink is a one-sided contest at best..

I'd go with simple contests there. Someone with a 17W4 Close Combat can probably take some very, very hefty penalties and make multiple attacks.

Really, Its more of the Narrator agreeing that 'you mow down the poor cottars like a scythe'...

...untill you run out of mooks and crash headlong into Hon-eel's bodyguards.

Jeff