Re: Seven Mothers Do Ave 'em

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:14:44 -0700

| The group enjoyed it, BTW and got into the spirit of the thing with | no real difficulty)

> I'd like to take a look at this scenario. Is it still available somewhere?

For those who came in late, 'Seven Mothers Do Ave 'Em' is a distinctly light-hearted, *ancient* RQ module about 3 Praxian baboons who mistake a lunar ballista for an ancestral shrine, join the red army and have to defend Prax from a Rhino Rider pogrom. It's written up less as a module than as a a three-hour shaggy baboon story.

We (the Wyrm's Footprint) put it together in the late 80s for the Melbourne convention circuit, mainly to counter the rumour in the south that our Ironspike convention modules were 'too serious'. One of the volunteer refs to arrive on the day was none other than one Michael O'Brien, hiking photocopies (photocopies!) of an obscure English fanzine called 'Tales of the Reaching Moon #1'.

I last ran 7MDAE at RQCon Down Under in 1996, and still hear that it gets run at various conventions from time to time. This both gladens my heart and makes me wonder 'what have we created'? I understand that MOB is its fearless champion, but i imagine many of the copies in circulation must be photocopies of photocopies. *My* soft-copy is sitting on a 40Meg HD Mac SE in the garage, on some 400K Ready-Set-Go! disks. I'm not sure I retain a complete hard copy.

I think that 7MDAE would be great for an introduction to Hero Wars, though not to the realities of life in Prax. :) It also makes a fine light-hearted one-off 'beer & pretzels/horseflesh and fruit' session. I'd be delighted to update the module and make it available as a PDF al la The Garhound Contests, if only to get the chance to invent some feats for the baboons, the kangaroo broo and the Rhino Riders. If anyone has a complete copy, and ideally access to a scanner as well, please drop me a line.

Fruit & Horseflesh!

John