Re: Re: HQ questions

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 14:32:16 -0700

At 06:05 PM 10/5/2001 -0000, you wrote:
>> I thought that their basic structure was established already:
><snip>
>
>I could not go to Tentacles so missed your talk - I am delighted to
>see the above precis as the accounts I got were somewhat
>fragmentary...

Happy to fill in some gaps.

>Just to confirm my understanding - are there also some direct routes
>from the central world of Now to the Hero Planes?
Where Hero Plane means the "past eras," the answer is No. direct routes do not exist. Exceptions exist.

>and some from the
>central world to the Underworld (Hell Crack, Castle(s) of Lead)?
As above, the general answer is No, but that exception do exist. Exceptions include the Hell Crack and Castle of Lead, Ethilrist's basement and so on. Please understand that the magnitude of travelling mundanely down the Hell Crack is similar to that of sailing to the edge of the world: monumental.

>> I am working to quantify the constants in heroquesting to
>> make it playable in a Hero Wars context. My plan to is to
>> present a sort of HQ Guidebook first to indicate the nature
>> of the Hero Planes where most HQing takes place.
>
>Sounds great. Is this the "8806. Heroquests and Heroquesting -- Fall
>2001" on the Product Listing page.

Theoretically, yes.
We will probably change the stock #.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...